Welcome to the Meridian CUSD #223 Website!
November 16, 2012
Welcome to the Meridian Community Unit School District # 223 Website!
We hope that you will be able to find the information or material that you are looking for today.
Our mission is to educate students to be self-directed learners, collaborative workers, complex thinkers, quality producers and community contributors.
As an exemplary School District we continually strive to:
- Engage in highly effective communication to Community, School Board, Administration, Faculty, Support Staff and Students.
- Achieve organizational trust through integrity, collaboration, reliability, accountability, transparency, fairness and loyalty.
- Utilize an aligned, well-rounded and comprehensive curriculum that focuses on life-long learning skills.
- Promote high learning expectations for all students.
- Practice visionary District leadership to create and implement District goals.
- Value and maintain a safe environment for Students, Staff and Community.
- Provide educational facilities that support and enhance the studentsâ educational experience.
- Make decisions using research and best practice that incorporates fiscal responsibility, collaboration and impact on the Community, School Board, Staff and Students.
Of special interest is our Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) that we designed for our stakeholders to comment on how we are doing business. As part of continuing effort to improve communications within the District, we have created the ICE tool to receive feedback on what is going well in the district, and how we can do a better job of working with the parents, students, staff, and community member we serve.