New Student Registration
Meridian C.U.S.D. #223 extends a warm welcome to our new students and families. The following information is presented to help the registration process flow quickly and smoothly. To be eligible for admission to Meridian, a child must be 5 years old and less than 21 years of age on or before September 1 of the current school term. A child with exceptional needs who qualifies for special education services is eligible for admission at 3 years of age.
Parents should be prepared to present the following documents and forms when enrolling their child(ren) in Meridian C.U.S.D. 223 schools for the first time.
Please note that failure to pay your fees by the beginning of the academic year may result in loss of privileges for your student(s) and/or being sent to collections.
1. THREE Proofs of residency within Meridian C.U.S.D. #223 from these examples:
- Drivers license
- Home ownership title or deed (or signed closing statement)
- Apartment lease
- Letter of Residence in Lieu of Lease -for those enrolling a child but are unable to produce a lease, purchase property agreement, or similar document
- Utility bill (water, gas, or electric)
- Automotive insurance with address
- Homeowners insurance
- Property tax bill
When the Person Seeking to Enroll a Student Is Living with a District Resident, a Letter of Residence can be filled out by clicking HERE
2. Birth certificate - certified original copy (hospital copy not accepted).
3. Physical examination - required for all new out-of-state students and for students entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, sixth and ninth grades. Must be signed by an Illinois physician.
4. Dental examination - required for all new out-of-state students and for students entering kindergarten, second and sixth grade.
5. Proof of immunizations against communicable diseases as required by the Illinois Department of Health required within one year before entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade, for all new students entering District 223, and for students entering fifth, sixth and ninth grade.
6. Eye examinations are now required for all new out of state students and students entering kindergarten. Eye exams must be completed by a licensed optometrist or ophthalmologist.
In some instances, additional documentation may be required.
The following forms will need to be turned in for each student, please print them off and fill them out.
Registration begins at the district office (207 W. Main St, Stillman Valley, IL 61084) by proving residency, from there you will be directed with further instructions.
1. Registration fee worksheets: Please fill out a form for each of your students corresponding the students school building.
Click HERE to view fee worksheets
Click HERE to view student record request forms
2. District #223 School Enrollment Form (pk-12)
4. District Health Emergency Medical Form (pk-12)
8. Dental Exam and Waiver (K, 2nd, 6th, and 9th)
9. Spanish Dental Exam and Waiver (K, 2nd, 6th, and 9th)
10. Vision Report & Waiver (Kindergarten and new students to Illinois)
11. Medication Permit (for students that need medication during the school day)
14. Home Language Survey - English 2020-21 (k-12)
17. Parent Volunteer Form (pk-12)
***Si necesita los formularios en español, vaya a la oficina del distrito. Gracias.
Where to Register:
New students should return documents to the District Office. Contact information for each school can be found above under the school listed.
Please click on the General Information tab to access the information.
Returning District 223 students must register on-line via Family Access.
New students entering the district MUST contact the Transportation Department to set up transportation for the 2020-2021 school year. Please call the Transportation Department at (815)645-2230 ext. 7010 or 7011. The transportation form can be found by clicking HERE.