Meridian CUSD #223 Lunch Program Information
UPDATE- September 8, 2020
UPDATE: September 8, 2020
This past summer Meridian School District distributed thousands of free meals to our community. We are excited to announce that on Tuesday Sept 1,2020 the U.S.Department of Agriculture extended nationwide waivers for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). This re-authorization allows flexibility to summer meal program operators (like MCUSD 223) to continue serving free meals to ALL children until the end of December or until the funding has run out.
This unprecedented move will help ensure no matter what the situation is that children will have access to nutritious food as the country recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
This applies to both in-person and remote learners. When we say ALL, we mean ALL. This applies to students regardless of their eligibility for free and reduced lunch.
If you plan to take advantage of this on days where you are not receiving in-person instruction please fill out the form below.
Meal Pickup Form to fill out: https://forms.gle/TpGpSyiNcSn5
Beginning Thursday Sept, 3,2020 Meridian School District #223 Food Nutrition Services Department and the U.S. Department of Agriculture will provide free meals for children with in the District ensures those children who rely on nutritious meals to be able to continue doing so, even when they are not in the building for their lessons.
This program will run until December 31 or until the money runs out.
Details of the program:
• The meals will pick up site will be at Monroe Center and Stillman Valley High School for E- Learning students.
• E-Learners meals can be picked up starting August 19 from 10 am to12:30pm or 4pm to 5 pm at Monroe Center School or Stillman Valley High School.
- 5 day E-Learners will receive 5 free lunches and 5 free breakfast
- Hybrid Learners will receive 3 free lunches and 3 free breakfast that will cover day when not in school learning.
- IEP Students Learners will receive 1free breakfast and 1free Lunch to cover their Wednesday E-Learning Day.
Food orders must be preorder weekly : On Monday by 11:00 am for Wednesdays distributing .
****Meals must be preordered: Reference calendar (Schedule is subject to change based on participation)
Meal Pickup Form to fill out: https://forms.gle/TpGpSyiNcSn58TKu5