Meridian 223 Transportation Department
The expectation is that the following things take place in order to send your student home on the bus with another student:
- A Student must have a note from their parent stating who they will be going home with.
- The bus garage should be contacted by both parties 1 hours prior to the end of school.
- NO Request to ride home with another student will be honored once the end of the day bell has rung.
- The driver will be contacting the parents of riders with their bus information: pick-up time and location, drop-off time and location, and any shuttle information that would apply approximately 1 week before school begins.
- No bus changes will be able to be made after Tuesday, Aug 7th in preparation for a smooth startup. Schools DO NOT have the ability to make ANY bus changes. Changes to bus stops will be done as quickly as possible, but not guaranteed before Friday, August 24th.
Rubber Band Jewelry Looms, the plastic carrying box or the actual rubber bands (even in the plastic carrying box) will not be allowed on buses. Please relay to your child that they need to leave this home. Students in violation of this rule will have the above items confiscated. The Looms and carrying boxes will be available for return to the parents if they were to be confiscated.
Students with already constructed bracelets, necklaces, etc. are welcome to wear those items on the bus. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
We are hiring School Bus Drivers. For more information, please contact the Transportation Department 815-645-2230 ext. 7010 or 7011.